Kit list
Logitech Harmony
Samsung UE55KS7000
Sony DH820
Sony BR player (amp/HDMI)
Nintendo Wii (amp/HDMI)
Popcorn Hour A-110 (amp/HDMI)
Desktop PC (direct connection to TV)

I've recently made some upgrades with a new TV and (as of the weekend) Sky Q and I'm pressed with an issue that has been bugging me for a while in terms of optimum connectivity.

Traditionally I've preferred to have all my inputs through my amp and then control single activities through my Logitech Harmony.

But with UHD content on my TV it means I'm watching Netflix and Amazon Prime using just the TV speakers meaning I've got to keep the second remote handy and also that the sound quality isn't as good.

On Friday I went home to try out my freshly installed Sky Q box, but this too I could only experience in 1080p as my amp is incapable of 4K.

So in short what do people recommend as the best connection solution here ot solve my ills, or do I need to get a new amp? Is there some solution to enable all sound output to go to the amp? The PC too has been directly connected to the TV as I've run out of inputs on the amp, so open to suggestions there too.

Apologies if this is the wrong sub forum btw.

Make sure the HDMI out of the amp is connected to the HDMI socket labelled ARC on the TV. You will possible then need to go into the Samsung TV menu, under the sound options most likely and tell the TV that you are using external speakers. All the sound from the apps will then play through your amp instead of the TV speakers

Cheers dude. I'll have a play this weekend.

Should solve some ills at least.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom