optimizing a sound system

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by vtownsound, Sep 18, 2007.

1. vtownsound

vtownsound

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys

im not really having a problem more like im not satisfied and am open to any suggestions on my sound system for the club. This system is used to run bands and dj music when the bands are on break. Basiaclly ill lay out what im using and any feedback on things i can do to have the fullest sound from this equipment possible would be much appriciated.

Tops - 4 JBL SRX722
    bottoms - 4 JBL SRX728
    amps - 4 qsc rmx 50/50
    crossover- dbx drive rack
    board - yamaha 32 channel cant really remeber model muber bout 5 years or old more but im looking into replacing this.

im looking for imput on how to set the drive rack even wire in the speakers to the amps for full sound and maximum use of this system. Also i am wanting to biamp this system is this going to require more amps or are the 4 qsc enough. any tricks on running pink noise? I am also using an ashely eq for front of house, should i still use this with the drive rack? if anyone can toss some sugestions my way plz do. ty

2. dj-dulux

dj-dulux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    Can you give bit more info please, mainly:

a) Does this system get used in different venues? (Think just one club?)
    b) Can you detail how its wired up now?
    c) What settings have you got on the dbx?
    d) How do you set up the EQ?
    e) Capacity of the venue?

Where are you, it may be good to get someone off here to pop in and do a assessment, are you expecting too much from the kit, what are you comparing it too?

Sorry for all the questions,

Dupe...

3. vtownsound

vtownsound

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    system gets used in only one venue

its not biamp as of right now its ran from board to the ashely eq to the drive rack to the amps to the speakers.

dbx is set through the wizard so i just typed in what im using its it set it

i ran pink noise to flatten room so i set the ashely flat had to take a few freq out of it that were casuing problems but i assume this is b/c i didnt pink noise it right or something

the venue is fire coded at 375 but we put 800-1000 per night in their.

i live in Valdosta Ga its in south georgia also i have the cable to biamp the system and i bought the speakon ends but taking to highs from left and 2 from right side and trying to use one amp with speakon conections isnt working amp only has 2 outs for speakon is their some kind of converter i can make or buy to split one speakon output into 2 or should i use banana clips and piggy them?