Optimized For Home Theater...

Apone

Prominent Member
Reaction score
While going through my Blade 2 region 1 dvd I noticed that the second disc includes details of where the disc was mastered-Mi casa studios, and while going thru the details the text mentions that the disc has been optimized for dvd and 'no equalisation is required '.

While I think that the disc does indeed sound very good not all films may have been 'mixed specifically for home theater' for their dvd release.

Do you think that this should be made mandatory for all discs?

I think that Se7en had both a home theater optomized track and theatrical track on the special edition. If any one has made comparisons on certain scenes, which sounded better?

Best regards

Mahmood

and what is the difference between the tracks?

ad

The Se7en DVD only has the Home Theater tracks (DD5.1 EX/DTS EX) on it.

However, there is a comparision between the old DVD (theatrical) mix and the new one in the extras with audio commentary from the guy who re-mixed it at Mi Casa.

Originally posted by Jonny1973
The Se7en DVD only has the Home Theater tracks (DD5.1 EX/DTS EX) on it.

However, there is a comparision between the old DVD (theatrical) mix and the new one in the extras with audio commentary from the guy who re-mixed it at Mi Casa.

and how did they compare?

ad

of course the new mix is better, the sound designer Ren Klyce wasn't happy with the theatrical mix. Mi Casa (My House) fixed things he wasn't happy with.

The new mix is 6.1 for dolby digital EX and DTS ES. To do it they went back to the original audio stems (samples).

but surely then the mix is not what was actually heard???

ad

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom