1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optimal settings for Pixel+ ?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Hyzepher, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Hyzepher

Hyzepher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have just got a 36pw8618 and I have to say that the picture is stunning. I was wondering if any of you already have this model or the 9308 and can let me know your optimal settings - just to be sure that I have it set up the best way possible. With Pixel+/Movie+ etc it can be a bit daunting.

Hyzepher

2. davidgirecourt

davidgirecourt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can only comment on my 32pw9327.

My settings are:
    Contrast 75
    Brightness 34
    Colour 45
    Sharpness 0

Not far away from factory settings by the way!

Sound is up to you

3. Russell_S

Russell_S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi,

I have just got home with my 32PW9308 and installed it. I have to say that the manual is pretty crap and gives no guidence at all about the pixel+ / movie+ features etc. All it says is where they are in the menus but no info about what they do etc.

Russell

4. Hyzepher

Hyzepher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did some searching on the forum and after a while I found settings posted by rct - tried them out and 'wow' tv is even better now than before. Settings can be found here

I must say that when I decided to get the 36pw9618 I was nervous when I turned it on - especially after reading the comments about Philips tv's on this forum. Initially I was disappointed with the picture but then realised that I was viewing it from far too close. I sat about 2 -3 feet further back and voila the picture was perfect. I suppose the large the TV the further back the optimal viewing distance is. I have subsequently adjusted my furniture to ensure that everyone has the best picture.

If you have a small room I would think twice about buying a 36" or even a 32" if the room is particularily small.

Hyzepher