1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optimal screen for PJTX-100

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dinoprada2003, Feb 16, 2005.

1. dinoprada2003

dinoprada2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +243
    Hello,

I bought a DRH matt white manual screen for my Hitachi PJTX-100 and am thinking of upgrading to a fixed screen.I only use PJ at night and living room walls are cream.Thinking of painting wall behind the PJ a darker colour blue perhaps? to improve contrast? So with my living room in mind and the fact I only use Pj at night would I be better advised to go for a high gain grey screen to improve contrast? or save my cash and just get a standard matt white fixed screen? also apart from wall behind Pj being painted an optimal grey/black what would be a good colour to paint to improve picture?

Thank's :hiya:

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    I've seen much comment about how grey can improve contrast etc but I decided to use matt white for the MDF screen I made. I have no issue with either the contrast or the brightness of the image so I'm sticking with white. I've seen some people poo poo the use of MDF but I'm very pleased with the PQ. Having seen the ripples in the pull down screens in work (some of which cost more than the TX I'm sure!) I prefer the guaranteed flatness of this type of fixed screen - realise a fixed screen is not always practical though.
    Walls behind mine are magnolia! I'm sure darker walls help, but again "it ain't broke so I'm not fixing it! :) "

I *DO* like the look of those 6* gain silver screens though! ;)

...PJ

3. dinoprada2003

dinoprada2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +243

Hi PJTX100,

Thanks for your comments I agree flat fixed screens ARE a lot better than a pull down ripple troubled screen.Iv'e manged to "iron" out some of the creases by sticking screen to wall with blue tack though this is only a temp measure till
    I get funds for my fixed screen.Missus has agreed to paint screen wall a cornflower blue so this again "should" be an improvement on the cream colour I currently have :D