1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optimal combination of Gallo speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by d_elad, Jan 12, 2003.

1. d_elad

d_elad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Greetings

I am about to install an HT system based on Gallo speakers (music, especially classical, will be occasionally played on the system). I am considering the following options:

1. 6 A'Divas
    2. 3 A'Divas (front)+3 Nucleus (rear)
    3. 2 A'Divas (front left, right)+4 Nucleus (center, rear)

I already have a REL200 sub and Denon 3802 receiver.

I would appreciate suggestions regarding the optimal combination based on price/quality considerations.

Thanks

Danny

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    Not an easy one to answer as the A'Divas are not yet on sale in UK.

Uncle Eric is our resident Gallo expert as well as being a home cinema purist and he would recommend that you purchase a set of six identical speakers, or at the very least three identical ones for the front soundstage.

I mix M&K front speakers with Mission rear speakers moderately successfully and would think that A'Diva fronts and Nucleus rears would be a far better match than mine.

3. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,276
    I can't comment on the Divas as I haven't had any to play with but the Due work VERY well with 'ordinary' balls. In fact I find the match far easier / better than matchings from 'conventional' speakers packages. For a rule of thumb I go by what Ian J has written (and is Uncles advice). All the same if possible but at least keep the front three the same.