1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oPTIMA H57-@£1300

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by AKG, Sep 30, 2005.

1. AKG

AKG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I am just about to buy this for £1300, with 2.5years warrenty from Optima!! ( the shop is closing in 2 weeks time)is this a good buy?, I'm not botherd with HD yet, main reson was for regean 2 DVD , this has 1024x567 resolution. I was after the H30A or the ScreenPlay 4805, but when I phoned today they offerd me this whitch has about 10h use in shop.

2. foghorn

foghorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    AKG,

An alternative would be a Sharp XV-Z200e or XV-Z201E for £795 both projectors are 1024 X 576 like the H57.

Foghorn

3. Zag

Zag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Provided that you are not bothered with the rainbow effect produced by single chip DLP machines the H57 is a good projector with great contrast and picture quality.

However there is a new range of LCD projectors coming from Sanyo, Panasonic, Hitachi and Epson that are all native high defintion, start around £1300 are are likely to match or exceed the picture quality of the H57 on DVD. With HD source material(not exactly easily available just yet) the new range of LCDs will likely blow the H57 out of the water.

H57 great machine in it's day and still is but IMHO not worth £1300. If you want to go the DLP route you can buy a brand new BenQ 7700 native 1280x720 DLP for around £1500.

4. knightman

knightman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am not sure how you claim future machines will blow it out of the water. I have the H57 and I can not imagine how you could improve the image!!

5. benji_m

benji_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Yes, that is a good deal!