Opticon Vokal vs Oberon Vokal

digitalfishpc

Novice Member
I recently bought 2 Oberon 5 speakers for my new home theatre system powered by a AVR Denon x3700h. It's my first attempt at setting up a home theatre system. I am now looking for a center speaker for my system. I have 2 questions that I hope someone can help me with.

1. How is the Opticon Vokal Center compared to the Oberon Vokal Center? There is a price difference of $300 between the 2 speakers where I reside. I was wondering if the difference is worth going for the Opticon Vokal Center which presumably is supposed to be better than the Oberon Vokal Center? Movie dialogue clarity is critical for me.

2. Is it alright to pair my Oberon 5 floor speakers with an Opticon Vokal Center? Will it be a huge mismatch or the differences will be very minor such that I can live with it to just to get a more powerful center speaker?

Thanks.

password1

Distinguished Member
It's always best to go for the matching centre. If you prefer the opticon centre then consider upgrading the oberon 5 to opticons.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom