Optical toslink Setting for Yamaha RX-V679 from LG OLED

pdoyle35

Novice Member
Reaction score
Please! Settings for Yamaha AV RX-V679 to play Optical toshlink input from LG OLED TV? LG uses only eARC, AV has only ARC so they are incompatible. All devices connect directly to Yamaha; except the LG OLED's internal apps. Toslink cable from LG output to Yamaha optical input; but don't know what to put yamaha remote on to play the LG OLED apps sound. The 1 year warranty is up November 1st; i have longcovid. Thank you!

If I recall you use av 1,2,3 inputs for optical/coaxial inputs

Double check your TV soubd setting is set to optical out.

Upvote 0
i will double check but i've re-set LG"s audio out a 100 times cuz i've needed to change to TV speakers then back to AV when it works. The AV back panel has two optical inputs, one is labeled AV4 (TV), the other is AV1. It's gotta be either av4 or av1.

Upvote 0
Not difficult, use AV1 or av4 on your Yamaha,.and adjust LG sound optical out settings until Yamaha locks onto the signal. You should be able to set internal speaker,.arc, optical out. Also check between pcm and bitstream, set pcm for now that'll 100% work the try bitstream.

Upvote 0
Not difficult, use AV1 or av4 on your Yamaha,.and adjust LG sound optical out settings until Yamaha locks onto the signal. You should be able to set internal speaker,.arc, optical out. Also check between pcm and bitstream, set pcm for now that'll 100% work the try bitstream.
Now Roku Streamng Stick+ connected to AV's HDMI2 is not putting sound out through either AV, or TV internal speakers. Since I can't get sound from TV's eARC to AV's ARC, or through Optical toslink, I gave up on TV's internal apps in favor of Roku connected to the AV HDMI2. Sometimes unplugging power all devices seems to fix; but not for long.

Upvote 0
Something doesn't sound right.

Hdmi arc can be quirky but generally optical works

Upvote 0
will try a different toslink cable now

The problem with hdmi is required lock on, but with analogue, coaxial, coaxial audio, and composite, s-video, component, scary RGB is "always on"

Like if I have my avr off, my pc won't sent hdmi audio/video to the avr...pretty stupid design

Upvote 0
The problem with hdmi is required lock on, but with analogue, coaxial, coaxial audio, and composite, s-video, component, scary RGB is "always on"

Like if I have my avr off, my pc won't sent hdmi audio/video to the avr...pretty stupid design
Back before there was even invented HDMI I never had any problems using optical audio out via toslink to my AV receiver from the tv. Now we have HDMI we have Arc we have e a r c and I can't get the freaking Optical out to work. I agree with you.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom