• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Optical splitter

Mr Miaowgi

Established Member
I bought a TOSLINK optical splitter so that I could plug my 360 and my SKY HD into my 5.1 system however its not working. Nothing happens when they are run through it!!

Have I got it the wrong way round as the descriptions say that one audio device can be output to 2 devices but I want two devices to be output into one audio device???

abraxus

Established Member
bigwilli said:
I bought a TOSLINK optical splitter so that I could plug my 360 and my SKY HD into my 5.1 system however its not working. Nothing happens when they are run through it!!

Have I got it the wrong way round as the descriptions say that one audio device can be output to 2 devices but I want two devices to be output into one audio device???

What sort is it?

I bought one not along (admittedly a cheap one) to connect a 360 and my TV Drive to the amp as it only had one opitical input. In honesty, it was awful, with sound intermttently cutting out.

In the end I binned it and bought an optical to coax converter and connected the tv drive into the coax input

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom