• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Optical Signal Switch

MuzMc

Hi Guys

Looking for a quick bit of help- had a look on search but not sure of what I am looking for, bit of a noob when it comes to these things

I have just purchased a Xbox 360, and already have a PS3, with the optical cable running from that into my sony cinema kit, which only has one optical input.

I need to know if I can pick up a splitter that would allow me to send both signals from the PS3 and Xbox to my cinema kit?

Any advice greatly appreciated- thanks

MarkTaylor

You are looking for a switch not a splitter, if you google for 'optical switch' you should find what you need. I'll edit your thread title for you.

Some people do report success using a splitter the wrong way around but it is not a perfect solution.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom