1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

optical out....

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by darren68uk, Jul 7, 2004.

1. darren68uk

darren68uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +318
    ok sorry if this has been posted but just need to know any/all the makes of sky digi boxes that have digital optical out for surround sound,,,

and are there any that have component out !!( think im hopeing there :eek: )

thanks D

2. delessex

delessex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Since Sony stopped making receivers I think the only currently available units with optical out are Sky+ boxes. Also note that although the Sony 750/760 had optical out it is only stereo, Dolby 5.1 was never enabled (the promised software upgrade never materialised!) I have seen many auctions on Ebay claiming the Sony is 5.1 compatible, but as things stand at the minute this is a false claim, and as Sony have withdrawn from the digibox market I doubt anything will change.

3. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Apart from the SKY+ boxes I think the only other boxes with an optical out came from Sony but I don't know the model numbers.

John