Question Optical out put!

up2nogood

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Wasn't sure where to post this.
I've had my LG - 42LB650V - 3D LED Smart TV for just over a year now.
I just got a DENON-AVRX2200. so i thought i'd connect the optical out for the first time on the t.v.
As i wanted to watch films from my amp and speaker via plex.
But the optical lead does not go in correctly, it's just loose fit and does not click in, so i can't get any sound out. i think it's broken for some reason.
Seeing as the warranty run out 2 weeks ago, is there a parts place anyone knows of where i can buy the new part my self, or any other way to get sound out via the tv from smart t.v plex to come out the amp/speakers?

Cheers.

Could you send over HDMI to the amp ? Plex on LG is limited on surround modes I believe so maybe a media device into amp like Chromecast and you can still use plex. Its cheap and gives you options

Thanks for the reply.
I already have HDMI to the amp connected to my sky open box which works fine.
I do have Chromecast which i don't use anymore. as i watch film via smart tv and plex.
Just wanted sound going through the speakers :) as the t.v sound isn't great lol
So how would i set the Chromecast up into the amp ? i don't have laptop, so could i still use plex via smart t.v. i find it's just easyier using the smart t.v plex.
Any more info would be good.
Cheers.

It has to be asked...did you remove the small transparent dust cover cap from the optical lead?
If so, did you also notice the plug/socket is "keyed"? the socket has one flat surface as has the plug and it will only click into place when these are lined up.

The cap was off and lined up correctly. i was very careful :)

The cap was off and lined up correctly. i was very careful :)

Well either you aren't using enough force to click it in or someone's used too much force and broken it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom