Optical out info on Sky+ required please

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Knyght_byte, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    hullo there,

am (hopefully) going to pick up a custom length component cable from 7oaks this week to connect my amp to my PJ, at the same time i was looking to get a optical digital cable for the Sky+ to connect to my amp for DD (even tho it seems that not much content is DD)....what i would like to know is does the Optical cable in this case also carry the other formats Sky broadcast in, ie DS and Stereo? or do i still need the normal stereo connection from the L&R outputs on Sky box to my amp? reason for needing to know is i've had to 'borrow' a stereo lead from the 3 connecting my DVD players 6chnl output to my amps ext input..and would like to put it back there so i can listen to DVD-A/SACD..lol

cuz of what i spent on my PJ setup from them, i think if i pick up an optical and a stereo cable i will get a good deal......in fact thinking about it i need an S-video cable too...erk...

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    The optical connection carries all the audio, you do not need to use the RCA phonos unless you connect them to another device of course:)

3. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    sweet....cheers for the reply...

i was pretty sure it would be the case as coax can do that, but having never used optical before i thought it would be wise to check to save me a few quid...lol