1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optical Mouse/Keyboard won't swich off!

Discussion in 'Computer Peripherals & Consumables' started by Phil Durkin, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Phil Durkin

Phil Durkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help my with this problem. I have a Microsft optical wheel mouse and Microsoft Multi media keyboard that wont switch off, when I power the system down and it switches off the optical lamp is still illuminated and if I hit the F Lock on the keyboard it illuminates the warning lamp. I dont think its a power supply unit problem as I have just fitted a SilenX 450 Watt PSU but the old one did the same thing (I swapped PSU as previuos one too noisy). I cant see anything in the bios the stands out as a problem but I do have to admit I am not too familiar with ALL the settings. The motherboard is a Asrock K7VM4 if it helps. Any light on the subject would be greatly received......excuse the pun
    Cheers Phil

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    I think this may be a feature of some motherboards. I have various pc's in the house and those with an Abit mb display similar symptoms to which you describe while others do not.