Optical input splitter

Blujelly

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am after an optical splitter or switch, but preferable a splitter. As it sounds lazy but with a splitter it's always on for that device (depending if the device itself is on)

Can anyone recommend any decent products?

I recently purchased this but I am sending back as it doesn't work properly and for the price feels and works cheaply!

Optical Splitter

Thank You

:thumbsup:

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
A Switch (many to one) and a Splitter (one to many) serve very different purposes - what is it you are trying to achieve (apart from not getting off your backside :D)?

Joe

Basically, my Xbox and Blu-Ray both use optical leads. Now my 5.1 surround sound doesn't support optical leads.

So I bought an Analogue Converter which works great but only has 1 input.

So thats basically why I need a splitter or switch of some device, so its basically all plugged and ready to go when necessary with out having to constantly change the leads around on the converter

Hi there, the Analogue converter you have linked has an output for Left and Right output, and I would not call that 5.1.
For the device you are looking for is an input switcher, has two inputs and one output.
I have found these, but I'm not recommending it , just for an example:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-TosLink-Digital-Optical-Switch/dp/B002AL152Y
Cable Mountain TOSlink 3.5mm Digital Optical 3 Way: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

But you will still need to switch manually!

Depending on your Sound system you might want to change the Digital to analogue converter to something that supports 5.1

Last edited:
What is the 5.1 system you are using?

A link to a web page showing the Tech Specs would be handy.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom