• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Optical in speaker system to replace LG 32LT75 Tv speakers

chris_huh

Standard Member
Hi,

My LG 32LT75 TV blew at least one of its speakers the other day. If i turn the volume down it doesn't sound too bad, but turned up high enough to hear it properly and it starts crackling. I think it might just be the right hand speaker, but could be both.

Either way, the TV has an optical out so i thought i could pick up a cheap set of speakers and use that. I'm not interested in a sub, so just a 2.0 system would be fine but needs to be optical in and have a remote to change the volume with. Does anyone know of something like this?

alternatively does anyone know if it would be easy to replace the busted speaker?

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in, TV or Speakers, I hope I chose correctly.

Thanks

MTech535

Established Member
Don't know of any.
Could you use the headphones out to connect the speakers? It would give you a lot more choice in speakers.

Alternatively, most soundbars have optical inputs.

Last edited:

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
How about this remote-controlled LG soundbar with dual optical inputs? [But I do wonder why the UK price seems to be so much higher].

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom