1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optical IN and other problems on Denon 2802??

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by gavintennant, Feb 24, 2003.

Tags:
  1. gavintennant

gavintennant
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I've just come back from a 2 week holiday to find a few interesting problems with my Amp (Denon 2802, about 10 months old). Nothing had been changed on it, connections, inputs nothing.

Firstly, It was left on standby but all my speaker setting have been lost. This in itself is not tooo much of a problem as I can easily reconfigure them. The main problems I found were:

1) My digibox was connected with 2 phono cables into VCR-1. When I switched it on the first time back, I found no sound coming through the VCR-1 input but when I switched to other input modes the sound was appearing from alll of them?? I disconnected everything from the Amp then plugged back into VCR-1 the digibox input, switched it back on again and still the sound came from everywhere else OTHER than the actual input it should have been. When I changed it to another TV/DBS it seemed to work fine again.

2) I switched on my PS2 last night and had no sound coming from the optical input. Again, I tried all 3 inputs but still nothing, then I tried using the opt out on my DVD player and still no sound there (but it works with coax out).

Has anyone ever come across these problems? Has something strange happeend to my Amp in 2 weeks? Was it ****** at being lft alone for so long??
    I can live with the digibox in another input (although takes some getting used to remembering which one) but can I check the opt inputs without having to buy a new link?? There is light coming through it, it just doesn't seem to be being picked up??

Any ideas or should I take the amp back to the shop??

Thanks folks!!
    Gav

2. fraggle

fraggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Yes. Its faulty. No two ways about it, take it back & get it fixed.