Question Optical HDMI 4K HDR cable advice?

Sammyez

I would appreciate some advice regarding a 12mtr run of Optical HDMI cable (4K HDR !8Gbps) . I am changing from a 1080p projector to a 4K HDR projector to run from my OPPO UDP-203. I understand to get a good performance with no drop outs I need to move to a Optical cable.

Having looked at the options it seems like these are good contenders:-
RuiPro Fibre
Fibbr Ultra Pro
Monoprice Slim Run

However, they are pricey (c£150-£200 for 12mtrs) can anyone recommend any other suitable cables that are more competively priced?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor

Sammyez

Hi Joe, Sadly, no option to reduce the cable run. It looks like 12mtrs is the cable run I require. Hence, trying to find a cable that will do the job for a good price?

Otto Pylot

Joe's recommendation of the Ruipro Hybrid Fiber cable is a good one and probably the best option you will have. They are not cheap but do work reliably.

Smac1

Novice Member
Hi folks new to the forum and looking for some guidance .I'm planning a ruipro fiber cable from my avr to projector 7m will do .I see amazon sell this length for around 100 pounds but was looking for one with the micro connectors as it was a nightmare fishing the thicker hdmi through the wall as there is very limited space. Does anyone know someware in the UK I can get hold of this cable at this length with micro connectors. .
Regards.

Smac1

Novice Member
Thanks for the reply jo a take it it's the same for other makes that have the micro connectors.? .looks like it's time to upset the misses again when I put holes in the walls .

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
It has been our experience that two-piece is less ‘reliable’ in terms of handshaking and less reliable physically and yes that is across a range of brands we have tried.

Joe