Optical for Sky HD

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by wokster, Dec 19, 2006.

1. wokster

wokster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    When getting my Sky Hd installed, the so called engineer has damaged the flap on my optical input on my receiver and it will no longer click in place!!

I can still get surround sound through the HDMI cable, so I was wondering what purpose the optical has.

He also bent my DVI - HDMI cable to my Projector leaving me without use of my projector:mad:

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Giblets2

Giblets2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +183
    Nope, HDMI carries stereo audio only I'm afraid. You have a case for some compo from Sky there I'd say, send an e-mail to James Murdoch!

3. wokster

wokster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Cheers Giblets2,

Much appreciated.

The Engineer is coming back out to have a look tomorrow, but I know he will deny everything.

I had all my kit installed on Sunday and the installers left the 3 cables required where the Sky box was to be housed so the Engineer would not have to move the unit. The optical cable was already connected to the receiver by the installers, but when I came back from work it was on the floor next to the receiver with the flap on the receiver broken.

I mentioned this to my Wife, and she told me that the Engineer had mentioned that he would prefer me to connect this to the receiver as he did not want to touch it - But as I said previously, the installers had already connected it the day before!!

My Wife seen him moving the unit right out which has bent the HDMI - DVI cable, but he says he never moved it, so I can see this being a long drawn out affair :(