optical digital Audio Output problems

jscalow

Standard Member
I have just got yesterday a -SAMSUNG PS43D490 (further info-Samsung PS43D490 | 43 inch 3D Plasma TV HD Ready Freeview | Richer Sounds )

Really impressed with this set, my first large screen plasma. I have just upgraded to Virgin V+ (not tivo) not too sure which of the two boxes I'll be getting on Friday but am looking forward to seeing a HD picture.

I currently 9or have tried) to connect to my cinema system via optical digital Audio Output but the sound is rubbish. I only get some sound from the centre speaker and very faint sound from the others even when the volume is up to max. This system still works fine for dvds- any ideas where I am going from and will I be able to connect the V+ box this way?
The cinema system is an 7 year old Panasonic SA-DT310- this is the only web details I could find for it- https://support.panasonic.co.nz/docstore/SCDT310 book.pdf

Any help advice appreciated. Jim.

jamct

I have just got yesterday a -SAMSUNG PS43D490 (further info-Samsung PS43D490 | 43 inch 3D Plasma TV HD Ready Freeview | Richer Sounds )

Really impressed with this set, my first large screen plasma. I have just upgraded to Virgin V+ (not tivo) not too sure which of the two boxes I'll be getting on Friday but am looking forward to seeing a HD picture.

I currently 9or have tried) to connect to my cinema system via optical digital Audio Output but the sound is rubbish. I only get some sound from the centre speaker and very faint sound from the others even when the volume is up to max. This system still works fine for dvds- any ideas where I am going from and will I be able to connect the V+ box this way?
The cinema system is an 7 year old Panasonic SA-DT310- this is the only web details I could find for it- https://support.panasonic.co.nz/docstore/SCDT310%20book.pdf

Any help advice appreciated. Jim.

With the Optical Dig cable connected from the V+ box to the Amps Optical Digital INPUT you then need to go to the V+ Box 'SETTINGS' menu > V+ AUDIO SETTING > HDMI Override = ON.

This will mute the TV speakers on all HD channels (except ITV1 HD which only transmits Dolby ProLogic), allowing full DD5.1 when transmitted or PCM when no 5.1 , to play through your home cinema surround sound speakers.

Along with your HDMI fed full HD pic, you should be blown away by the fab audio/visual experience.;)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom