Optical connection "flicker"

G

geepers

I have recently been experiencing problems with the digital optical output from my Pioneer DVR-5100H as the digital signal seems to drop off for a split second giving a blip in the audio playback. There does not seem to be any pattern to when this fault occurs. It can happen several times in a row or I can watch for a few hours without it happening. It happens whether I am watching a DVD or Sky through the DVD recorder. I have tried connecting the DVD recorder with my other two optical cables and I have also connected up another DVD player and doing this I have isolated the problem to the Pioneer rather than the cables or the amp.

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem and if so can you shed any light on it or suggest a solution?

Thanks.

A momentary audio drop out can occur with something like a spec of dirt on the disc,like you said it can happen sometimes or not at all.
If you go straight back and play the disc again at the point it dropped out you will most likely find it doesn't do it again.

Thanks for the reply smallmanongn, however, the drop off also happens when I am watching Sky with the sound through the DVD recorder to my amp and so the problem does not seem to be just dirt on a disc.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom