Optical cables or HDMI for a non 4k receiver

gibbsy

Hi andy/others,

So if we connect source (firestick 4k) to fientech and then fientech video out to a TV and fientech audio out to a avr (rx v771)....

While watching OTT content like netflix/Prime, how will the VOLUME of the avr (rx v771) be controlled...?!? Via the Firestick 4k or the Yamaha avr?

Thanks.
The AV amp.

ranakirti

The AV amp.
oh, thats exactly what I'm trying to avoid... multiple remotes to do different things.

How can we have a solution where we can control the volume of the avr (rx v771) with the Firestick 4k and also get the DD+ of streaming service...?

Thanks 🙏

Edit : my tv is 40" Sony BX400.

Last edited:

andy1249

Distinguished Member
Hi andy/others,

So if we connect source (firestick 4k) to fientech and then fientech video out to a TV and fientech audio out to a avr (rx v771)....

While watching OTT content like netflix/Prime, how will the VOLUME of the avr (rx v771) be controlled...?!? Via the Firestick 4k or the Yamaha avr?

Thanks.
With ARC or eARC audio , its always the AV amp that controls the volume.
I use a Harmony ultimate for everything.

You have a harmony in your sig , whats wrong with that ?

ranakirti

My Harmony stopped working. I also really like the remote of the Firestick 4k and wish it control the volume of the AVR.

Also the other way around was it possible to control all the functions of the Firestick 4k remote with the Harmony 650/700 ? Then i could try getting it repaired.

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom