• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Optical Cables - 1mtr - Mid Priced??

blicky_1

Prominent Member
Hi,

I'm about to upgrade my current Yammy with a new (euro black) Yammy 757se. Not currently using optical so don't know a lot about them. Question is what is a good mid range 1mtr cable to purchase & where from, I will need 4 in total.

Cheers.........

clockworks

Prominent Member
Don't waste your money. An optical cable is an optical cable. Just buy some unbranded ones from your dealer or mail order.

Expensive ones have fancy plugs and are less fragile, but they sound exactly the same. I use £4 optical cables and £35 optical cables. There's no difference in sound.

pjclark1

Prominent Member
£1.50 each on ebay, they work perfectly

deaf cat

Established Member
Like yourself never used Optical, only through reading I chose the coax way to go.

If your going to compair a few be intresting if you can get hold of a few of the Chord range of coax and compair it to a basic optical.......

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom