Optical cable will not fit behind my newly wall mounted TV!

TheFellaLondon

Novice Member
I have an LG CX TV that was connected to a Sony AV Receiver for 5.1 sound, using a standard optical cable. I have recently had the TV wall mounted, and it is quite flat against the wall, which is what I wanted. However there is now not enough room to insert the optical cable, which comes directly out of the back of the TV, rather than out of the side, like some of the HDMI ports. Is there anything I can do to get around this issue?

Otto Pylot

I take it you didn't use a conduit inside the wall to hide your cabling. Sounds like your option is to one, move the tv out from the wall so that the cable can be snaked out or two, use ARC for audio from your tv to the receiver. You just need to enable ARC on both devices and make sure that the HDMI cable is connected to the ARC-labeled HDMI ports on both.

Otto Pylot

No HDMI ports, no ARC. If that's the case then your only other option is to move the tv away from the wall far enough to snake the optical cable out. It's unfortunate that you didn't plan this better.

The DE585 is a stereo receiver with analog connections and a single optical input. Optical is your only real option.

sraper

How much space do you have. Would new optical cable work? Right Angle Optical Cable, EMK 90 Degree Swivel Adjustable TOSLINK Optical Audio Cable for Blu-Ray Player, Soundbar, HDTV, PS3/PS4, Xbox and More (1M, Black) Amazon product

TheFellaLondon

Novice Member
Thanks for your response - funnily enough I checked online to see if there was anything like this available, and found this very cable on Amazon. I have now put in an order - hopefully arriving today - so will post how I get on. Still think modern TVs, which are often wall mounted, should have most of their ports at the side...

sraper

Otto Pylot

Thanks for your response - funnily enough I checked online to see if there was anything like this available, and found this very cable on Amazon. I have now put in an order - hopefully arriving today - so will post how I get on. Still think modern TVs, which are often wall mounted, should have most of their ports at the side...
Agreed. My LG C8 doesn't but the Samsung QN90A does.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom