• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

optical cable mishap

K

krusty

today .some bright spark in our house when cleaning the windows managed to knock out the optical cable from my dvd player. on close inspection ive noticed the peg is quite loose and wobbly. i can put it back in the machine , but have noticed that during watching a movie tonite the digital signal occasinaly dropped from dd to pro logic[ my amp is the yammy a2] could i safely say the cable is knackered and its time to replace it? would co ax be any better for a digital signal or should i still buy optical mean reason i ask this , is because the co ax looks a lot more robust.

shahedz

Distinguished Member
not too sure your cable is knackered or not, but with regards to your question about coax, i agree it does feel more robust so you could always go for it, i have never been abel to tell the dfiference between coax or optical soundwise

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom