SKY HD
1 x optical out
1 x HDMI out

Denon AVR-2307
1 x optical out
3 x optical in
1 x HDMI out
2 x HDMI in

How do I get sound from my tv along with surround sound from my connected speakers at all times with the available connections I have?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers.

mps

Simple,

Optical out from tv to amp in 1
Optical out from Sky HD to amp in 2

Leave amp on when watching and hey presto.

:cool:

R

RossH

Simple,

Optical out from tv to amp in 1
Optical out from Sky HD to amp in 2

Leave amp on when watching and hey presto.

:cool:

Ok, in this case, does HDMI out from Sky HD go to TV or amp? Also, on the amp, i need to assign the digital in for TV setup. Which of the 2 optical ins would I assign?

I have tried the HDMI from Sky - TV and get sound but when i try Sky HDMI - amp - TV I get no sound.

Cheers.

mkcurtis

Erm,

Optical out from Sky Hd to Optical in on your Amp. This provides Dolby Digital for you.

HDMI out from Sky Hd to HDMI in on your TV. This provide Stereo Sound and the picture.

I wouldnt bother daisy chaining your TV into the optical links. Or am I lost with what you want to achive.

Assuming all TV is watched via Sky HD and you do not use the onboard tuner of the TV surely this is the best way to do it?

R

RossH

Erm,

Optical out from Sky Hd to Optical in on your Amp. This provides Dolby Digital for you.

HDMI out from Sky Hd to HDMI in on your TV. This provide Stereo Sound and the picture.

I wouldnt bother daisy chaining your TV into the optical links. Or am I lost with what you want to achive.

Assuming all TV is watched via Sky HD and you do not use the onboard tuner of the TV surely this is the best way to do it?

Sky HD box will be used at all times.
I'm assuming the optical out on the tv is only really required if i wanted to get surround sound from the onboard digital tuner?

Broadz

Distinguished Member
I'm assuming the optical out on the tv is only really required if i wanted to get surround sound from the onboard digital tuner?

...and as nothing broadcast on Freeview is in Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound anyway, you don't really need an optical cable for that. Any stereo RCA cables will do just as well.

R

RossH

...and as nothing broadcast on Freeview is in Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound anyway, you don't really need an optical cable for that. Any stereo RCA cables will do just as well.

Oh well, looks like i've got a redundant cable then, but I aint pulling the wall apart to get it out!

Think I've got it now. Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom