Optical Audio Digital Out

Bigpants2k

Hiya,

I have a DAV-S880, which has a Optical Audio Digital Out on the back.

Will i be able to connect a optic cable from my X-Box to this to input sound or is this just one way.

:p :p

Bigpants2k

aarrrggghhhhh

So what will i be able to connect to this optic thingy

Thanks for your help

mjn

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by Flip Flop Fred
aarrrggghhhhh

So what will i be able to connect to this optic thingy

Thanks for your help
offboard DAC, external recorder, or another AV amp.

Bigpants2k

Thanks for your help.

fozziebear39

I have the DAV-S880 and I have a PS2 connected through the optical IN. The XBOX should go in there as well, Pro Logic II on all those games...

Ashy

yup, ive got a ps2 connected to the optical port on the back of my DAV and it plays nice 5.1 sound on games that support it. so in answer to your question "YES" :)

Bigpants2k

Thanks Ashy and fozziebear

I have just got to get myself a optic cable now

:D :clap:

andypandy

I too thought the optical port on the back was only an out going signal. I can only presume that the DVD player has a decoder on board which then enables it as an input channel - Still very odd though that it cna act as both in and out.!

Bigpants2k

So wich cable should i go for? a microsoft one which i imagine will be expensive or a 3rd party one, and will there be much differance between the two?.

B

bobbles

the joytech advanced scart works a treat RGB scart and optical out

Bogside

you can get cheap optical cables for Xbox on ebay for £1. Good place to start til you know what you're after.

R

richabir

i thought it was just an optical input if it is an out put as well could someone please tell how to get it to work because i want to connect to another amp the sub is crap

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020

Trending threads

Top Bottom