1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opteka lenses: anyone heard of them?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by kbfern, Sep 7, 2005.

1. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,295
    I have recently purchased a panasonic FZ5 and thought I might get a couple of lenses to go with it to broaden the range of shots i can take.

Unfortunatley panasonic do not have any lenses in their own range so third party lenses are the only way to go.

I have looked on e-bay and there appears to be some lenses available from the states made by a company called Opteka (made in Japan).Available lenses for my camera are a 3.2x high def2 tele (they also do a 2x) and a couple of wide angle a 0.22 ultra high def and a 0.43 super fish eye.

Has anyone heard of these lenses? I have done a google search and come up with nothing.

A 3.2x and 0.22 wide can be had for £75.00 + £10 shipping even allowing for vat/import duty they should come to no more than around £100.I know thats chicken feed compared to some lenses but as I don't want to spend a fortune on the lenses what do you think?.

2. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can't say i've heard of them, id try the panasonic forum on dpreview

3. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned: