Optoma UHD 51 / 51A 4k Projector Owners Thread

Hi all, I’m on the verge of ordering a UHD51 and was wondering what features you get when it is connected to a LAN? Just firmware OTA or is there something else to be had? I’m trying to decide weather a permanent Ethernet connection is worth installing or just string a cable to it when needed...

Cheers!

Hi, you won't get Firmware update OTA through lan cable.. Just home autmation like https interface, telnet, creston etc.
OTA seems to work via WUSB Dongle, which is not included, but has to be confirmed still, when a update higher than C06 becomes available..

Absolutely not.. And if you need it later it works through a usb powered WiFi Bridge too..

Absolutely not.. And if you need it later it works through a usb powered WiFi Bridge too..
Yep, a bit less work than ripping open my ceiling if needed ;)

It works when i used 3860x2160@30htz only....so i think its a projector issue not pc or cable...
Can't tell without further testing, could be everything, but 1080p/60 does work?

Last edited:
The desktop being shifted/halved at 4k@60hz is a known issue with the C04 firmware and PC input. C06 fixes that.

Had mine delivered last week could anyone tell me if they have successfully got 1080i 50hz working properly? Referring to a sky hd box which looks best at 1080i 720p works better but still not great poor focus artifacts motion blur etc

Had mine delivered last week could anyone tell me if they have successfully got 1080i 50hz working properly? Referring to a sky hd box which looks best at 1080i 720p works better but still not great poor focus artifacts motion blur etc
Never tested interlaced input, but my contact at optoma told me there were 50hz issues with c04 firmware, if you are still on it consider an update

Last edited:
Personal experience with 1080i@50hz has not been good, even on C06 I cannot really use 1080i on my digital box, it causes weird artifacts, and the image doesn't look smoth. 720p@50hz is the only usable output from the digital box for me.

Hi all, I’m on the verge of ordering a UHD51 and was wondering what features you get when it is connected to a LAN? Just firmware OTA or is there something else to be had? I’m trying to decide weather a permanent Ethernet connection is worth installing or just string a cable to it when needed...

Cheers!
See this link....it tells you ethernet port uses of optoma projectors
Networking - Optoma United Kingdom

Anyone has download link for c08 firmware? For optoma uhd51.....cant seem to find on internet....

Personal experience with 1080i@50hz has not been good, even on C06 I cannot really use 1080i on my digital box, it causes weird artifacts, and the image doesn't look smoth. 720p@50hz is the only usable output from the digital box for me.
I am unable to connect my projector with my laptop using a static ip....dynamic ip is also not working.....is there an issue or am i missing something?

Anyone has download link for c08 firmware? For optoma uhd51.....cant seem to find on internet....
C08 isn't available publicly at the moment. Optoma apparently pulled it after some issues with Game Mode.

Its looking that way for me too which is a shame as its my main use for it. I am also on c06 hopefully a future update might fix it as 720p is just watchable turning the contrast down and sharpness up a bit seems to have helped. I've yet to see any 4k stuff which will hopefully impress as so far its nowhere near as good as my HD87 which it replaces.

C08 isn't available publicly at the moment. Optoma apparently pulled it after some issues with Game Mode.
Plz can someone guide me to update lan firmware step by step. I am unable to do it. My browser not opening optoma home page on static ip and there is constant yellow mark on ethernet connection...

Yellow exclamation mark ist possibly just that you have no Internet. Do you have both connected directly or via router? What browser are you using? (Edge did not work for me)

Yellow exclamation mark ist possibly just that you have no Internet. Do you have both connected directly or via router? What browser are you using? (Edge did not work for me)
Following are the pics....plz see and guide....i have connected it directly via lan....no router....using chrome

Attachments

• 20190213_142258.jpg
    20190213_142258.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 192
  • 20190213_142201.jpg
    20190213_142201.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 194
  • 20190213_142134.jpg
    20190213_142134.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 191
oh, you gave both the same ip adress.. use 192.168.0.101 for pc and try again.

oh, you gave both the same ip adress.. use 192.168.0.101 for pc and try again.
Oh....thank God....u saved me literally.....FINALLY.....Thank you.....i dont know why these minor instructions are not written at optoma site....? So 2 last question (please bare me)....
1. Optoma WUSB dongle is compatible with UHD51 or not? If i order it will it be of any use?
2. MCU update is required? Is it necessary? What does it control? Mine is at 05....since i have to send it to another country for it....is it worth it?

You are welcome..

1. It is compatible and searches for updates but so far no newer OTA update for the 51A was released. So no proof if Update really works that way. But as i have one you will hear that here if the next one comes out..
2. It is not required nor necessary, can't tell you whats its purpose.. i would wait before sending in, don't think there will be much difference..

another quick question - I currently only have Sky Q as a UHD source and am looking to by a 4k blu ray player with the UHD51 - what do I need to look for in terms of HDR support for the player?

As the pj doesnt support any dynamic formats like Dolby Vision it just have to be HDR compatible.. But i can recommend a panasonic with HDR Optimizer, UB420/424, gives you more control over HDR Output..

As the pj doesnt support any dynamic formats like Dolby Vision it just have to be HDR compatible.. But i can recommend a panasonic with HDR Optimizer, UB420/424, gives you more control over HDR Output..
Thanks, its the UB420 I am looking at as it happens - also the UB391 but that doesn't mention HDR at all as far as I can see but can be had with 5 disks for not much more - avoid I guess?

Panasonic: 4K Ultra HD Player and 5 4K UHD Bundle (Zoom Exclusive Hardware Bundle) (DP-UB391EB) [UHD

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom