opt-out of web and wifi bolt on ?

Rindless

Established Member
Reaction score
This pay and go iphone sim is now near the end of the 12 month free web and wi-fi period and I got a text from O2 to say I have to call 2425 to opt out of the bolt-on, or they will take £10 from the balance remaining.

I can't find this option in the O2 automated call system.

How do I opt-out ?

Phone them?

There should be an automated service for this, instead of talking to some Dip at O2 ?

I had the same trouble last week, my 12 month bolt on finished last saturday.

There isn't an option to remove it on the number it gives to you on the "warning" text. Also after a bit of searching I tried texting "WWWOFF" to 21300 - but got a text back saying that I can't be unsubscribed as i'm not subscribed to it

I ended up ringing them and they cancelled it right away - it wasn't any hassle at all... I asked why there wasn't an option to cancel on the automated line and why the text said I wasn't subscribed; they said that the 12 month free web and wifi isn't actually classed as an official bolt on in their systems, as its a special offer - it becomes the "official bolt on" when you pay the first initial £10 after the 12 months is up, then I assume you'd be able to cancel through the methods given. He said it was a bit of an oversight on their end and apologised.

However, if you don't fancy ringing them then i've read a post by someone on the o2 forum with the same problem who got it cancelled by emailing them through the o2 website:

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help

Thanks for the great reply.

I've got about £4 left on the sim at the moment and if I don't call 'em and top up £10, will it be automatically converted to Web and WiFi ?

Just asking because, it's handy to have a sim around with come credit, but I don't really need that bolt-on at the mo.

Thanks for the great reply.

I've got about £4 left on the sim at the moment and if I don't call 'em and top up £10, will it be automatically converted to Web and WiFi ?

Just asking because, it's handy to have a sim around with come credit, but I don't really need that bolt-on at the mo.

LOL, come cerdit :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom