Opponent matching

Bogside

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Why do they not have some system or algorithm that matches players of similar skill/experience together? Or if it exists, how do I turn it on/access it?

I'm new to FPS's and I've managed to work my way slowly up to Level 10 on BF4. But when playing, say, domination, when I look at the scoreboard at the end the other players are usually ranked dozens of ranks ahead of me. Surely that gives them an advantage and at the very least indicates that they are far more experienced than me. Why am I not pitched in with other level 10 players?

No way to skill match unfortunately, you will be playing veterans that have played for thousands of hours on all the bf games, I've been playing since bad company 2 and im still not brilliant, you just need to get into games with some AVF'ERS and get grinding, takes a while to learn the maps and how the weapons work, some players will also just be better than you, hard to except sometimes but that's life, add some of us and join us for some fun, we don't bite, well, some might ;)

No way to skill match unfortunately, you will be playing veterans that have played for thousands of hours on all the bf games, I've been playing since bad company 2 and im still not brilliant, you just need to get into games with some AVF'ERS and get grinding, takes a while to learn the maps and how the weapons work, some players will also just be better than you, hard to except sometimes but that's life, add some of us and join us for some fun, we don't bite, well, some might ;)

So true, I've been playing BF since BF2 on the PC, yet i still get frustrated by being out done by others, BfBC2 used to have a system where you would play people of simaler ranks, but inevitably others would abuse it to there advantage.

Join in with us, get on a party chat and you will soon pick things up.

I'm new to FPS's and I've managed to work my way slowly up to Level 10 on BF4. But when playing, say, domination, when I look at the scoreboard at the end the other players are usually ranked dozens of ranks ahead of me. Surely that gives them an advantage and at the very least indicates that they are far more experienced than me. Why am I not pitched in with other level 10 players?

You'll find that most games will have a mixture of ranks. Domination is possibly not the best mode to play if you are new to FPS games. Conquest is a bit slower paced and gives more opportunity to get used to Battlefield as a whole.

Totally agree. When I was 25 and could put 2 or 3 hours a night in to gaming it was easy to get to a reasonable 'good enough to enjoy the game' standard but now 'life' commitments mean a limited couple of hours a week will never get me 'good' - but I still love this hobby.

I thought even last gen was meant to bring matchmaking. I remember it being well publicised but never realised by ms and sony. Nothing more frustrating than a 20 minute game in which you spawn, literally die 5 to 10 seconds later, rinse and repeat 20 times. I spend more time waiting for the spawn than alive.

What's wrong with a newb playlist which goes thru the major playing types for level 10s and below only? Would be great way to get good enough before entering the other types.

By the way I bumped in to the Defuse game type last night which was much more newb friendly as it's smaller teams and thus slower paced.

High rank does not always equal a good player. I've seen low ranked players top the scoreboard and a team of high ranked players turned over easily.

If you play with a squad of friends on comms, you will generally be at an advantage when compared to a lot of the other players in the game. Battlefield is a team game, people playing as a team will tend to do better, regardless of their rank/skill.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom