oppo981 not compatible with panasonic th42px70

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jude12, May 3, 2007.

1. jude12

jude12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    new to the site, but just got a oppo 981 on the back of all the brilliant reviews.. people at crt have been very nice/good service but when run thro my panasonic px70 dark scenes have huge and i mean huge green bloom on them, faces appear to have been exposed to radioactive fake tan and movement creates trails on any area of contrast..wall paper patterns etc.. this happens on all the seeting not just 760p.. oppo sent me firmware which failed to fix the problem.. my old eh panny dvd player delivers excellent.. really excellent sd images from dvd..but results are awful infact unwatchable thro the oppo..i told crt projectors and they think its just a dud unit and are sending out a new one.. asked oppo same question and they sent me this..

"I don't think it's a dud unit, we feel your display has a fair amount of
    macroblock enhance. We don't have that model available to us in the Unites
    States."

anyone have this combination, and reassure me that the man from oppo is wrong or should i just get my money back... these are not videophile quibbles the images are unwatchable .
    thanks

2. PlexShaw

PlexShaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +546
  3. yetanotherbob

yetanotherbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    I am using an Oppo 981 with a Panny 42PX70 (using HDMI) and find the PQ excellent :confused:

Bob

4. jude12

jude12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks fellas
    crt are send out a new one tomorrow and i hope it was just a dud, will hopefully have a glowing review to post at the end of the weekend
    cheers again

5. jude12

jude12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    crts new oppo arrived last week..(had to go on holiday next day so no chance tro try it out) .. new unit is excellent.. works perfectly well.. great picture very smooth and will play anything..rented a couple of movies to check it out can't complain...talladega nights...goblet of fire and perfume...all showed up excellently.. the nascar sequences in talladega looked stunning.
    think its a winner