Oppo vs Pio575 vs Denon1920?

yellowpostit

Standard Member
These 3 are in my price range (seen Denon1920 for £200). Anyone any feeling on the best match out of the 3 for a Pio436XDE plasma. Could make use of the HDMI, but not essential to my criteria. Just whatever's gonna give the best PQ, to keep me going until I fork out £££ for HD.
Cheers chaps.

B

Bullet Theory

I have no idea about the other 2 (sorry I suck at all this) but you can get a Pioneer 575 over at RicherSounds for £99.95 (incase you didn't know, if you did, sorry)

PJTX100

yellowpostit said:
These 3 are in my price range (seen Denon1920 for £200). Anyone any feeling on the best match out of the 3 for a Pio436XDE plasma. Could make use of the HDMI, but not essential to my criteria. Just whatever's gonna give the best PQ, to keep me going until I fork out £££ for HD.
Cheers chaps.
I've not seen the 1920 so can't comment on that. For value the Pio is the best player IMHO, the PQ is stunning. The Oppo just pips it for sheer detail but it is over £70 dearer yet looks from the outside like it's £70 cheaper. Also niceties like "resume" aren't present on the Oppo. Don't get me wrong, the Oppo is a great eprformer, but for a stop-gap the Pio will do very well indeed...PJ

yellowpostit

Standard Member
PJTX100 said:
I've not seen the 1920 so can't comment on that. For value the Pio is the best player IMHO, the PQ is stunning. The Oppo just pips it for sheer detail but it is over £70 dearer yet looks from the outside like it's £70 cheaper. Also niceties like "resume" aren't present on the Oppo. Don't get me wrong, the Oppo is a great eprformer, but for a stop-gap the Pio will do very well indeed...PJ
cheers PJTX100!

the mechanic

Novice Member
I would like to second the Pioneer DV-575.
I find it a great player for the money, and TBH the best player I've had up till now.
Watched ROBOTS Sat night in prog-scan on my Toshiba 32zp48, and WHAY-HAAAAY, the pic was sharp enough to cut paper with (to my eyes anyway).
Audio is great too, SACD sounds great, have yet to try any DVD-A, CD playback is fair, but wont worry dedicated CD players for outright resolution (but hey, its a DVD player after all).
It does'nt have a HDMI / DVI output, but from what I've been led to believe, the component outs on it can out perform the digital outputs on some of the budget players available.
Also if DIVX interests you, the Pioneer will play these aswell.

All the best,

Graham.