OPPO UDP-203 4K ULTRA HD PLAYER OWNERS THREAD

Thanks, can tidal be run through the oppo?
I'm not sure about that but TIDAL can be run via Chromecast. Get a dongle and put it into a spare input on you're amp. The app should see it.
If you're not already using it, it's even possible to connect a Chromecast (or similar dongle) directly to the OPPO's HDMI input...

A good way to test the difference between the DAC's is to use the HDMI input on the OPPO with a Chromecast and run a hdmi cable to you're Arcam.
Also, run a pair of RCA's from you're analogue out section of the OPPO to an analogue input of the Arcam (with that input set the stereo direct).

You can then quickly flick between both inputs on the Arcam to hear if there is indeed any difference.

Be sure to set your speaker distances on both the Arcam and oppo and also set both devices to "full range".

I have a question about the hdmi in option. I used it with Sky Q to go into player and then to pj. I get Dolby Atmos sound with no issues. I’ve done the same with Apple TV 4K and atmos won’t work for me. Any ideas why one would work and not the other? Thanks

The Apple TV 4K devices don't pass Dolby Digital and Atmos audio as a conventional bit-stream from their HDMI port, they pass something called Dolby Metadata-enhanced Audio Transmission (Dolby MAT).

Unfortunately, the OPPO's don't support Dolby MAT decoding or pass-through, so the only way you'll be able to obtain Atmos audio is by directly connecting your Apple TV 4K to your AVR/soundbar. But then depending on the capabilities of your AVR/soundbar, you might not be able to obtain Dolby Vision.

This is why it's handy for playback devices to have two HDMI output ports!

@SeeMoreDigital
Hi mate,
Having some issues playing Dolby Vision files from the Oppo to a Sony TV.
Can you help me with this? It's driving me nuts...

Isn’t there a special mode for Sony DV as they do it differently to everyone else, I.e. the player decodes some of it for the tv...

Isn’t there a special mode for Sony DV as they do it differently to everyone else, I.e. the player decodes some of it for the tv...
Yes there is the Player-led option, that should output Dolby Vision to the Sony TV, but it isn't working..
Tried Auto also… even tried Forced Dolby Vision option and that didn't flag DV on my TV..
Really need some help to sort this out.

What Sony model is it

It's a 75ZF9
quite often the oppo needs powered down and on again,to complete changes,try player led and auto again.

quite often the oppo needs powered down and on again,to complete changes,try player led and auto again.
Did a full reset to the Oppo.
Cycled it on / off after it.
Changed HDR - Dolby Vision Processing - Player-led
Didn't touch anything else...
Started Playing IT Chapter 2 ( that has DV ) … and it defaults to HDR10
The Oppo identifies this as a HDR10+ source...

Did a full reset to the Oppo.
Cycled it on / off after it.
Changed HDR - Dolby Vision Processing - Player-led
Didn't touch anything else...
Started Playing IT Chapter 2 ( that has DV ) … and it defaults to HDR10
The Oppo identifies this as a HDR10+ source...
Think you have done it in the wrong sequence.
set player to DV player led, exit set up then power off the player. Then power on again and see if it works.

shouldn't need factory reset,change to forced dolby vision and power off ,then on again and try,should work,o_O

Think you have done it in the wrong sequence.
set player to DV player led, exit set up then power off the player. Then power on again and see if it works.
Also Cycled it on/off after i changed the settings..

shouldn't need factory reset,change to forced dolby vision and power off ,then on again and try,should work,o_O
Did that just now… the problem remains.
HDR : Forced Dolby Vision : Player-led

i have a notion source direct may need to be on as well,worth a try.

That was ON the first time i tested it… that's not the solution either :(
Has it ever worked on your current tv?
Do you have to configure the HDMI input you are using to deep colour or what ever the Sony equivalent of that is?

That was ON the first time i tested it… that's not the solution either :(
ask on a sony tv thread,bound to be someone using oppo.

Has it ever worked on your current tv?
Do you have to configure the HDMI input you are using to deep colour or what ever the Sony equivalent of that is?
Never tried it before.. all HDMI ports are already set to enhanced as i get 4:4:4 chroma on all.

Sounds like you need turn off hdr10+ setting on your tv on panasonic's it defaults to hdr10+ over dolby vision if the disc has both

Sounds like you need turn off hdr10+ setting on your tv on panasonic's it defaults to hdr10+ over dolby vision if the disc has both
My TV does not support HDR10+ , so i can't disable it.
The oppo defaults de HDR10+ layer over Dolby Vision and i don't know how to change that.

The oppo defaults de HDR10+ layer over Dolby Vision and i don't know how to change that.

Cambridge Audio suggested these settings to choose DV over HDR10+on the sister model CXUHD

Dolby vision: Setup Menu -> Video Output Setup -> HDR Setting ->Auto
HDR: Setup Menu -> Video Output Setup -> HDR Setting ->Forced

You need to unplug the power cable as well apparently.

Might work on Oppo since the settings are pretty much the same.

Just installed a Apple TV 4k and was wondering is there any benefit in PQ etc if I connect the apple tv box the the HDMI IN on the Oppo

I can’t think of one, presume you don’t use HDR -> SDR function for a PJ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom