Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_3453.JPG
    IMG_3453.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 2,659
  • IMG_3454.JPG
    IMG_3454.JPG
    993.7 KB · Views: 2,698
I honestly can't see - too blurry! And is this legit? The cover / case in the picture is only partly in shot, so it only says "... blu ray", although I assume "ultra" comes before that!

Just need price and a release date now. :smashin:

I honestly can't see - too blurry! And is this legit? The cover / case in the picture is only partly in shot, so it only says "... blu ray", although I assume "ultra" comes before that!

Just need price and a release date now. :smashin:

It actually says 'ultra HD disc player'. The box between the analogue outs and power inlet, a third of the way down where it's says 'oppo' look to the right of that.

UDP-203 is the model number according to Reference Home Theater's Chris Heinonen on his Twitter feed linked below (who also has additional photos), and he's reporting it will retain the 103's $499 price in the States.

Twitter

The player is awaiting certification with no official release date as yet apparently.

That's a pretty good price for an Oppo player, although I'll wait for reviews and final confirmation of specs (I'm assuming it'll be £499 if it's $499 in the States). A release date this side of Christmas would be good, as would DV support.

If it is indeed to be $499 in the US, and then £499 here, I'd be delighted as that would mean a UK model modified for multi-region Blu and DVD would still fall in at under £600 like a modded 103. It's still early days until we know the final details though.

ImageUploadedByAVForums1474015938.929405.jpg

$499? Nice. I'm usually the first to moan about how expensive OPPO players are and I fully expected their UHD model to retail for a king's ransom, but $499 is crazy good.

It's a pity then that the UK version will just replace the $ with a £ sign when it comes to the cost, but seeing as amazon.com do actually ship OPPO's to overseas customers (not always the case with hardware) then I might have to grab one of these from the US as a region A BD player and keep the Panny UB900 for region B, relegating my current MR Panny 310 to backup duties. On current prices that'd cost about £580 including delivery and amazon's customs deposit, that's about what an OPPO MR mod costs on top anyway IIRC.

Isn't that surprisingly cheap for an Oppo?

There always been circa £499.00
Entry level models .

Not the Ultra HD Oppo though..!

No DV and no Darbee. If Robert from VE is right, there will be no DV players until the second half of 2017. Probably waiting for the 2017 tv's to come out. My guess is Sony and Samsung will jump on board.

OPPO Digital UDP-203 UltraHD Blu-ray player - Blu-ray Forum

That would be awesome
The price for an oppo is very nice
French site mentioned that we will know more end of coming week including a small surprise. I am guessing DV but who knows

Never heard about Darbee before and had to do a bit of research. This seems to be reserved for a higher end model than this one.
Anyone knows if Darbee makes a big difference?

This is the big test for me related to DV. Either Sony and Samsung join the party or it is history. Can't set lg surviving alone (technically not true as other player do DV: Loewe, Visio,...)

I like oppo because it gives me the quality I need for picture and sound plus many more...I was going pana but this little baby seems more promising. nice to see half descent entry prices

We are going to a UK launch event this week hosted by OPPO. They haven't given any details at what is being launched but we can take an educated guess :). Full details to follow.

What I dream of is an OPPO player, with all major streaming sites built in, so as to finally achieve my goal of just having one all-in-one box under the television. Is there a reason they use a Roku stick add-on, or has that changed since the last time I looked into it? Surely just put the chip inside your machine to start with?

shame no Darbee, but perhaps something for future models...

the fascia looks rather bland aswell. they could have added a flashier and bigger display, its mostly a thick black border from what I can see.

I think darbee would have messed with the 4k HDR picture. Might have been hard to implement for a pleasing enough picture. Yes it does look bland

Would love an Oppo but no DV is a no purchase from me. I think ill stick with my Xbox one S until a DV enabled player is available.

Since the Darbee 103D was itself a variant model of the standard 103 I am not surprised to see it lacking here in what is the base 103's replacement. I'm sure a 203D (and 205) will come along at some stage later.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom