Oppo or toshiba xde500 on a 42 barvia 1080p

Always-hungry

In the market for a new dvd player so I can catch up on some of my older dvd's. Really been spoiled by my hd and blu ray collection but feel there's life in the old dogs. Can you please recommend either the tosh or oppo for our Bravia 42 1080p lcd. Many thanks

kingfats

Distinguished Member
In the market for a new dvd player so I can catch up on some of my older dvd's. Really been spoiled by my hd and blu ray collection but feel there's life in the old dogs. Can you please recommend either the tosh or oppo for our Bravia 42 1080p lcd. Many thanks

:eek:
;)
The Oppo :smashin: mate..........please. :D
Which one you thinking of?
All the best.

Nic Rhodes

Distinguished Member
The Toshiba is a completely unknown quantity atm, HCC gave a great review, technical friends of mine slam it, I am inclined to believe the latter until I see one. Oppo is the sound bet.

lpoolm

I have had a Toshiba xde500 for over a week now, it is brilliant, i am not saying it is better then blu ray but it really does upscale well, i have tried sd370, sd580 in the past and never noticed a difference but on this it looks great.
i have had a blu ray player set up and the Tosh next to each other playing playing the same film and the xde500 comes in a very close second!
a great player to save you from spending £15+ on blu ray films!!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom