Oppo lite

Mr_Sukebe

I've seen a few comments around the forum ref the lite version.
Can anyone add anything on the subject in the way of rumoured changes?

Personally I rather like the idea of a transport only version of the 831 at a lower price, (e.g. removal of the analogue output section so that the only audio outputs are either HDMI or SPDIF).

Avi

Distinguished Member
I've seen a few comments around the forum ref the lite version.
Can anyone add anything on the subject in the way of rumoured changes?

Personally I rather like the idea of a transport only version of the 831 at a lower price, (e.g. removal of the analogue output section so that the only audio outputs are either HDMI or SPDIF).
Just pure speculation on my part but if you look at the Cambridge Audio BD650 I suspect this is what an Oppo "Lite" would be.

Basically it uses the same Mediatek chipset but drops ABT VRS video processing, uses lower spec DAC's and drops the dedicated stereo output.

AVI

Nic Rhodes

more pure speculation until any possible announcement :devil: but you could loose both the analogue out which many don't use but also the ABT capabilities. To perhaps get any idea on what Oppos thinking could be on this 'mythical' product then looking at their now retired DVD players may hint at what is possible with the 980 being a lite 981 / 83.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom