Question Oppo Find X2 Neo vs OnePlus 8

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
Right then, I need a new phone and these seem to be at about the right price point SIM free. In spec terms there's very little between them (although the fact I get 256GB for £600 with the Oppo and would need to find another £100 for that with the One+ counts for quite a bit). These are both fairly new phones so I'm not expecting much hands on feedback but does anyone know more about the ecosystem in general, specifically;

- Anything about the 'layer of tat' that both companies put on top of Android? How intrusive is it?
- Does the Bluetooth work properly? (It's a huge part of my working life, if it's flakey, I'm going to wind up frustrated)
- How are both companies for security updates?

All the stuff about 90Hz refresh and multiple cameras is nice but ultimately of less importance than those core functions.

I did look at the Xiaomi Poco F2 Pro but that seems to have a huge layer of bloatware on it. I also considered the recently reduced Pixel 4a but I've never been truly delighted when actually using it and the lack of LDAC is a minor testing faff.

Any thoughts welcome.

marvi0

I have the oneplus 8 non pro and I'm impressed with it. I picked it up over on amazon when it was on offer for £539. I have never used anything else like oppo as I like the software development by oneplus and also oneplus has a huge dev base over on xda so would always go oneplus.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung HW-S60A + LG SP8YA soundbar & KEF LS50 Wireless II Reviews: Movie & TV Show News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom