Oppo DVD Player help

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rossscott, Sep 1, 2005.

1. rossscott

rossscott

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This was posted in the LCD forums also...

Hi All

Any help for a newbie much appreciated.

Received this set yesterday and I am having some setup troubles.

I have an Oppo DVD Player that I am trying to connect to the set via DVI-DVI with the supplied cable from Oppo. Picture looks ace but I need to get some audio to theTV so used the L/R cables from the DVD player and plugged them into Audio for RGB 1 and 2 and I dont get any sound. Am I doing something wrong here ?

Also the Oppo is an upscaling player for those that dont know and when I press the DVI button (which the manual says to do to upscale to 720 etc) I just get a stop sign as if this operation is prohibited.

I also tried to connect my sony viao laptop via VGA and just get out of sync error when windows loads ? I tried to drop my screen res to 1280x768 but still had no joy. any info on how to get my lappy working so I can see some HD on the set would be much appreciated.

Also big thanks to Lordpewee for the settings as this improved my sky alot...

Thanks folks !
    Ross

2. Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, well thing is, surely plugging the sound into the Audio for RGB ports is only going to output sound for the RGB ports (which I assume is Scart)?
    On my TV, there is a port called 'PC Speaker', which is basically the sound input for when using DVI.

As for the upscaling... the stop thing comes up when you try to change the resolution with the disc playing, it has to be completely stopped.