Oppo DV971H Vs Others

nufc_fan

Established Member
Reaction score
You may have read my thread regarding a dvd with hdmi for under £100!

I think the main opinion on that thred was that a player like the sony NS76 would be best for that money.

Im now considering paying a bit more for my money.

How much better would the Oppo player be? worth the extre £60???

I believe it is imported? so is this machine better at playing r1 discs or is it good at r2?

Thanks

I'm in a similiar position to you and I've now convinced myself to spend slightly more money and buy an oppo.
Will probably end up buying direct from oppo rather than a UK reseller as I should save 20 notes after import duty (if i get stung)
I've seen on other forums posting saying that the visual reproduction matches/exceeds players that cost 300.

how much can you get it for direct? and what sort of tax/inport etc do you have to pay?

My only worry about an inport is that it will have a 2pin plug, also will it be multiregion?

Mult region unlock is just a remote hack

nufc_fan said:
how much can you get it for direct? and what sort of tax/inport etc do you have to pay?

My only worry about an inport is that it will have a 2pin plug, also will it be multiregion?

The region setting is easy to change/remove

My only concern would be service.

The UK distributers have been exemplary in swapping out faulty units/components, of which there have been some.

The small saving isnt worth it IMHO.

dazzlew said:
Mult region unlock is just a remote hack

Just enter '4 8 15 16 23 42' every 108 minutes :)

Sorry, it was the title of this thread ....

nufc_fan said:

It's 125ukp including shipping import duty should just be vat.

I thought duty was 14.9% on DVD players? and VAT 17.5%....I would buy locally.

Nic Rhodes said:
I thought duty was 14.9% on DVD players? and VAT 17.5%....I would buy locally.

According to Taric it is 13.9%

Or you could just buy from the likes of crtprojectors.co.uk, and have the peace of mind that if anything goes wrong, you won't have to sell a kidney to send it back for repair or replacement

loz said:
According to Taric it is 13.9%

That would make sense, I was more confident obout the .9 bit than the 14 bit but knew it was under 15%.

sandstheman said:
Or you could just buy from the likes of crtprojectors.co.uk, and have the peace of mind that if anything goes wrong, you won't have to sell a kidney to send it back for repair or replacement
Luckily for me international shipping doesn't cost me anything :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom