• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Oppo DV971H Vs Others

nufc_fan

You may have read my thread regarding a dvd with hdmi for under £100!

I think the main opinion on that thred was that a player like the sony NS76 would be best for that money.

Im now considering paying a bit more for my money.

How much better would the Oppo player be? worth the extre £60???

I believe it is imported? so is this machine better at playing r1 discs or is it good at r2?

Thanks

R

rriggers

I'm in a similiar position to you and I've now convinced myself to spend slightly more money and buy an oppo.
Will probably end up buying direct from oppo rather than a UK reseller as I should save 20 notes after import duty (if i get stung)
I've seen on other forums posting saying that the visual reproduction matches/exceeds players that cost 300.

nufc_fan

how much can you get it for direct? and what sort of tax/inport etc do you have to pay?

My only worry about an inport is that it will have a 2pin plug, also will it be multiregion?

dazzlew

Mult region unlock is just a remote hack

loz

Distinguished Member
nufc_fan said:
how much can you get it for direct? and what sort of tax/inport etc do you have to pay?

My only worry about an inport is that it will have a 2pin plug, also will it be multiregion?

The region setting is easy to change/remove

My only concern would be service.

The UK distributers have been exemplary in swapping out faulty units/components, of which there have been some.

The small saving isnt worth it IMHO.

R

rriggers

nufc_fan said:

It's 125ukp including shipping import duty should just be vat.

sandstheman

Or you could just buy from the likes of crtprojectors.co.uk, and have the peace of mind that if anything goes wrong, you won't have to sell a kidney to send it back for repair or replacement

R

rriggers

sandstheman said:
Or you could just buy from the likes of crtprojectors.co.uk, and have the peace of mind that if anything goes wrong, you won't have to sell a kidney to send it back for repair or replacement
Luckily for me international shipping doesn't cost me anything :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom