• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Oppo DV-980H and features

rominho

I need a player with the same capabilities as the Oppo DV-980H.

If you don't know it take a look:

OPPO DV-980H 1080p Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI and 7.1CH Audio

I recently bought a Philips DVP5990, it is pretty good nad has "most" features (upscaling, USB 2.0 etc), but what bugs me its incapability to play DVD-Audio and decode DTS sound (not too bothered about DTS because my AV receiver does the job instead of the player)

The Oppo DV-980H would be just perfect, play everything and compatible with everything (apart from HD discs of course), however you can't find it anywhere in UK to buy it.

Does anybody know another player with the same capabilities?

Cheers

Rom

Nic Rhodes

Distinguished Member
Good price, the 983 is the bargain however at £350. These players push the quality button

Avi

Distinguished Member
Wow .. £160 is kind of pushy for a non blue ray player... isn't it?

There are DVD players that cost £1000's so relatively speaking £160 isn't that bad.

The Pioneer LX50 has "similar" features (it may be a bit better at some things (analogue audio output) a bit worse at others (deinterlacing)) and when launched not that long ago was around £900 MRSP. Because it's due for replacement it has dropped recently to around £250 at some places.

I don't think you will find anything new close to the Oppo in terms of features/PQ/AQ for less than £160.

AVI

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom