Oppo Digital: Faroudja through CRT?

H

Hopkins

Does the Oppo Digital's component output take advantage of the deinterlacing of the Faroudja chip? I spoke to a dealer who said that the Faroudja chip is only used when taking the output via DVI.

PJTX100

Do not, in any way, consider using the Oppo via anything other than DVI. Technical niceities aside, such as prog scan only being available by DVI on the Oppo, the component pic absolutely sucks!...PJ

H

Hopkins

Oh dear! Thanks for the advice. It's a shame that they included the option for component, in that case. It's good that they wish to focus on the DVI out, but it would have made it "purer" if they had included *only* a DVI out! Unfortunately, I have made the decision to stick with CRT for another few years, so this is not the player for me.

PJTX100

Pioneer 575 via component is absolutely :thumbsup:

Jim Barry

Hopkins said:
It's good that they wish to focus on the DVI out, but it would have made it "purer" if they had included *only* a DVI out!
Wouldn't it be nice if somebody would bring out a DVD player with HDMI ouput only. It could offer top notch picture quality at the same time as being ludicrously cheap (e.g. £20).

PJTX100

SirSleepalot said:
Wouldn't it be nice if somebody would bring out a DVD player with HDMI ouput only. It could offer top notch picture quality at the same time as being ludicrously cheap (e.g. £20).
If they did it could well be crap PQ, and connecting it via HDMI wouldn't make it any less crapper.

H

Hopkins

PJTX100 said:
Pioneer 575 via component is absolutely :thumbsup:
Thanks for the suggestion!

Unfortunately I am trying to find a DVD player that will play XviDs.

PJTX100

Hopkins said:
Thanks for the suggestion!

Unfortunately I am trying to find a DVD player that will play XviDs.
It has a DIVX logo on the front of the player but I'm not up on that sort of thing...PJ

Trending threads

Top Bottom