Oppo BD105/105D/103/103D mods & discussions

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Coris, May 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Coris

Coris
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    There are now few years since I bought my first Oppo player (95), then 105 model, and last one, the HA-1.
    I found out quite soon, that even thought these devices included the most advanced DAC chip for the moment, their approaches and design concept it were susceptible to even more performances. Actually, performances of a high end product.
    The main improvement for a such Oppo device, is replacing the stock SMPS (switching mode power supply) for the digital stage with a linear power supply (LPS). Another improvements are for the analogue power on stereo board, including power for DAC chip, improved the clock system and powering it from battery, and improved the post DAC signal processing stage (I/V converter and final buffer).
    I would like to present here my improved device (105). Also a modded 103 model.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  2. Coris

Coris
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    In the last time I developed a new version for my LPM. based on a new concept for filtering. This LPM it fit now to all Oppo player models, and it have a total filtering capacity of 2F. Residual ripple on full load, under 1µV...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Coris

Coris
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Linear power module (LPM) for Oppo BDT-101CI...

[​IMG]