oppo 83 to stero only rig

darron027

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I know there are specific oppo 83 threads. Read & searched them but coulnt find my specific questions.

Been asking a few questions in the hifi area and this player has been suggested a few times.

Looking to buy my first ever bluray player......
Im running a pretty decent 2 channel only rig which is used for all my 2channel music plus 2 chanel A/V

Question is with regards to the options of sending a 2channel LPCM signal from an oppo to either:
a) digital coax/optical direct to a 2channel standalone DAC
OR
d) 2 channel analogue out direct to my 2 channel preamp.

Im still not up to speed on the whole 'hd audio' thing. I know I'd be downmixing in the player however which method would be optimal for hd audio downmix? hope that makes sense.
I know the standard oppo83 has sold out with a few s/e models remaining that have the better dacs. Im still pretty sure though that my current dac will be better in this area.
Sure there will be some 2nd hand up for sale soon....with the launch of the newer model. Know theres an se on here.

Another question is regards to the 'abillity' to set an audio delay with either of the above 2 methods. I read in the manual that you could do this over hdmi audio, cant see that you can using wither of the above audio methods. Its a feature Im interested in due to a number of trials already and I also use it on my current dv139 (which sounds best going digi coax out to my dac).

Any other suggestions welcome including other makes & models

My system comprises of:
Electrocompaniet:
CDP (emc1up)
PRE (ec4.8)
POWER (ax250-r)
DAC (ecd-1)
EQ (Lyngdorf RP-1)
Speakers (Martin Logan Vantage)
PJ: JVC HD990
Screen: Firehawk
DVD + SkyHD linked direct to DAC

Cheers

Depends what your budget is. Theres the Denon 4010ud which is supposed to have better DACs than the 83SE. At around £1400 its a bit steep for some. Marantz are also known for their sound quality. Hope this helps.:smashin:

Depends what your budget is. Theres the Denon 4010ud which is supposed to have better DACs than the 83SE. At around £1400 its a bit steep for some. Marantz are also known for their sound quality. Hope this helps.:smashin:

The oppo 83se is a lot better than the denon4010ud for music. I have compared both :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom