• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question OPPO 103-EU BLURAY PLAYER VIDEO STREAMING ISSUES

spenna

I have a OPPO 103-EU BLURAY PLAYER that i am still extremely pleased with,the problem is when i come to stream NETFLIX the video stalls and cannot buffer etc,not everytime though.The player was never like from this from day one when i bought it,don't know if subsequent firmware updates over time have give it these issues?.I would be inclined to say there is no fault developed on the player because i have seen a pattern emerging.When i start having these streaming issues it's after i have had a session of watching quite a few films streamed etc, (that's why i think it is not a internet traffic issue IE. there servers are busy and that's causing the streaming problems) so what i have to do is unplug the player form the mains re plug it in then there are no problems for a while then.Because this seems to work does a CACHE get filled up in player memory or something when you do internet related things IE. NETFLIX etc and unplugging the player from the mains resets the player/cache somehow?.I even looked in settings on player and looked at PERSISTENT STORAGE clear that but i did not know if that would make a difference because i though that was related to bluray functionality side of things like BD LIVE etc.I also looked at factory reset save unplugging player from mains all the while,but i do this then have to rest all my settings i like the player set up like.Has anyone else experienced this with this bluray player or a similar problem and if so know a way to sort it out besides doing any of the above methods?.Thanks.

Gavtech

Administrator
The problem is likely accounted for by corrupt data.

This can clog up areas of memory and reduce the available memory available for processing.

This is cleared out by the action of unplugging. Leave it disconnected for a decent time ( say an hour) to thoroughly cleanse.

How such corruption occurs - is anyone's guess.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom