1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinons please

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Tracey, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At the moment I'm using a pair of Mission Stance speaker stands for my PMC TB2's, I think they sound pretty good, they're loaded with some atabites filler. Now I don't want to throw my money away but would I really get an improvement in sound by getting some better speaker stands, I was looking at the Atacama R720/R724 because I want to get the best out of my speakers but would there really be a major improvement, are the Mission Stands not that good? All the reviews I have read seem to say the Missions are ok but nothing special. As I said I don't want to waste my money but I'm curious if anyone with any experience has noticed a huge improvement by changing stands. At the moment they're on a carpeted floor but I'll be moving them to a bigger room with wooden floors so I'm worried that I may lose some bass and will need better stands to improve the sound.

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,239
    I purchased the Atacama R724 stands recently for my Acoustic Energy AE1s Mk3s and they work brilliantly, far better than the AE stands that cost £400. Given that the R series price includes 4 tubs of Atabites (18kg per stand) and top spikes they are pretty good value too. Buy a set, you won't regret it.

3. rags

rags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +303
    i dont think the change will offer a major improvement - subtle at best and probably imperceptible to the vast majority of the general population.

4. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I am with Rags here, a solid support is a solid support.

Steven

5. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mmmm I suppose if I decide I want to spend some more money I could ask my dealer nicely if I could try a pair, that is if they have any! If I could get anything for my Stance stands then I would be tempted but I don't suppose I'll get much at all for second hand ones. ok I admit it, the real reason is because I like the look of the Atacama stands! :D