Opinons please

T

Tracey

At the moment I'm using a pair of Mission Stance speaker stands for my PMC TB2's, I think they sound pretty good, they're loaded with some atabites filler. Now I don't want to throw my money away but would I really get an improvement in sound by getting some better speaker stands, I was looking at the Atacama R720/R724 because I want to get the best out of my speakers but would there really be a major improvement, are the Mission Stands not that good? All the reviews I have read seem to say the Missions are ok but nothing special. As I said I don't want to waste my money but I'm curious if anyone with any experience has noticed a huge improvement by changing stands. At the moment they're on a carpeted floor but I'll be moving them to a bigger room with wooden floors so I'm worried that I may lose some bass and will need better stands to improve the sound.

I purchased the Atacama R724 stands recently for my Acoustic Energy AE1s Mk3s and they work brilliantly, far better than the AE stands that cost £400. Given that the R series price includes 4 tubs of Atabites (18kg per stand) and top spikes they are pretty good value too. Buy a set, you won't regret it.

i dont think the change will offer a major improvement - subtle at best and probably imperceptible to the vast majority of the general population.

I am with Rags here, a solid support is a solid support.

Steven

mmmm I suppose if I decide I want to spend some more money I could ask my dealer nicely if I could try a pair, that is if they have any! If I could get anything for my Stance stands then I would be tempted but I don't suppose I'll get much at all for second hand ones. ok I admit it, the real reason is because I like the look of the Atacama stands! :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom