Opinions sought DVD to Plasma

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Griff, Apr 8, 2002.

1. Griff

Griff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Folks,

I'm getting a Fujitsu 42" Plasma and thanks to some thieves, I'm also getting a new DVD and VCR - anyone got any recommendations on the DVD front - naturally I'll want an on board decoder, DTS, component out etc....all opinions will be read and are gratefully received.

2. mark rosser

mark rosser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I have a pioneer 502MXE and a Arcam FMJ27 (outputing component and prog scan for R1) which gives a great picture.

hope this helps

3. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +553
    I to have an FMJ 27 and a plasma and the results are great ... and I haven't even enabled the prog output (just go tthe cables in) ... but the posts on the forum rate it highly ...

4. Griff

Griff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jont,

I'm having doubts about the Fujitsu, you have the ORion which is similar money I think but no fans and maybe better contrast...you're very happy with it I assume. What warranty did you get or take out?

5. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +553
    Happy so far ... it's only recently been delivered and am still awaiting stand so it's on floor leaning againt rack at the moment ...

It does have fans , not too noisy but noticeable on quiet scenes ... might need to loosen up a little ... only problem at moment is getting the progressive input working / or output from the dv27 ! ??

So not sure about the contrast issue at the mo ... it is noticeable on very flat/dark/little contrast areas but might be improved with prog & component output ??

Jon

6. Griff

Griff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Firstly, thanks to everyone that's replied...I don't really know what to do to be honest. I have the demo lined up for Weds and I'll see what the 4208 looks like but it won't be comparative, which is the real issue. I'll come back on then and no doubt bore you all senseless!

7. Lowrider

Lowrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check the NEC 42MP3, it doesn´t have fans and accepts PAL progressive...

8. Plump

Plump
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It should apparently have DVI input
    Does anyone know if it is compatible with DVI output from TAG's DVD32R with PSM 192?
    Cheers