1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions please

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Istanbul2005, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Istanbul2005

Istanbul2005
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Been lurking for a while and need some opinions. I've had my eye on the Projection Design Action Model One Marl II and i've notice the price has dropped quite a bit recently. Anyone seen this one and have any thoughts on it?

2. sainthalo

sainthalo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you have a link to this, never heard of it. Regards

3. Istanbul2005

Istanbul2005
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, i meant mark II. Typo

4. foghorn

foghorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
  5. Istanbul2005

Istanbul2005
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers foghorn, i'll keep an eye out for your reply. Spoke to Ivojo about this one before but if possible would like a few more opinions from users as well.

6. foghorn

foghorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Istanbul2005,

Like your self after much homework I narrowed myself down to the ProjectionDesign make and in particular the Model one mark II. In general I liked what I read about the company. I was also impressed by the fact that ProjectionDesign was one of the few companies where you could upgrade your projector when a newer version was released.

The projector itself is small, well made with a nice attention to detail. Due to no lens shift you will need to be accurate in positioning, a little care and this should not be an issue.

Over the past year or so I have seen a number of projectors and the Projectiondesign in my opinion held its own or bettered the majority of its competitors.

The projector has a sharp picture with well balanced colours; blacks were good and showed detail in dark scenes.

I used nothing more than the THX optimizer on a DVD to set up the picture on the projector and this resulted in a very good picture even a novice could get good results with this projector.

The fan is a little noisy but nothing to drastic carefully position the projector and you will probably not notice it.

In general a very nice projector.

Despite owning a DLP projector I see the rainbow effect but only as a distraction this DLP was no different despite the faster colour wheel and extra segments. Don’t take this a negative I see this effect with all single chip DLP’S.s and As a result I did not buy the projector.

If you have any other questions just let me know.

Foghorn