Opinions please

Istanbul2005

Standard Member
Been lurking for a while and need some opinions. I've had my eye on the Projection Design Action Model One Marl II and i've notice the price has dropped quite a bit recently. Anyone seen this one and have any thoughts on it?

Istanbul2005

Standard Member
Cheers foghorn, i'll keep an eye out for your reply. Spoke to Ivojo about this one before but if possible would like a few more opinions from users as well.

foghorn

Istanbul2005,

Like your self after much homework I narrowed myself down to the ProjectionDesign make and in particular the Model one mark II. In general I liked what I read about the company. I was also impressed by the fact that ProjectionDesign was one of the few companies where you could upgrade your projector when a newer version was released.

The projector itself is small, well made with a nice attention to detail. Due to no lens shift you will need to be accurate in positioning, a little care and this should not be an issue.

Over the past year or so I have seen a number of projectors and the Projectiondesign in my opinion held its own or bettered the majority of its competitors.

The projector has a sharp picture with well balanced colours; blacks were good and showed detail in dark scenes.

I used nothing more than the THX optimizer on a DVD to set up the picture on the projector and this resulted in a very good picture even a novice could get good results with this projector.

The fan is a little noisy but nothing to drastic carefully position the projector and you will probably not notice it.

In general a very nice projector.

Despite owning a DLP projector I see the rainbow effect but only as a distraction this DLP was no different despite the faster colour wheel and extra segments. Don’t take this a negative I see this effect with all single chip DLP’S.s and As a result I did not buy the projector.

If you have any other questions just let me know.

Foghorn

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom